– The wildest thing a woman has ever said to me while I was on the grill was that she liked how I flip burgers and if I was willing to flip her at her place. – I’m rich and I’m from the Bronx, New York. I went to Western Carolina University and I am of course repping the best frat in the world Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Incorporated. – Hello, my name is Saquan Jones and I’m a member of Kappa Alpha Psi
And I’m a native New Yorker who was born in Queens. I’m also the co-creator of the Singles Cooking Show. Choose Meat. – My name is Zachary Wright Hurston. I attended Johnson and Wales University in Providence, Rhode Island and I’m representing Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Incorporated. Blue Phi.
– Homecoming is a culmination of the past and the present so it’s a mix of old heads as well as you know, Neos. They come together to tailgate, eat chicken probably my chicken for sure, the best chicken. – I’ve always been on the grill. You get a chance to meet everybody
At the cookout and if your food is good and you’re sexy like all the newbs are, you can have a pretty good time. – This is what it is that you need at the tailgate. This chicken in particular, the one that I made
– I believe that most women love men who can cook especially one with an apron preferably for her with no shirt underneath. – Not only am I an attractive man but being a man who can also cook. It gets the ladies going – All cooking, whether it’s grilling, whatever.
It has to be done with love. – Like I said, dude, other frats really exist. Some great Omega men that y’all may know. Steve Harvey, Michael Jordan, Shaquille O’Neil, Vince Carter, Earl Graves. The list goes on and on and on. I made a watermelon barbecue sauce.
The sweetness of it kind of gives it, you know, a kick and not everybody is not gonna make their own barbecue sauce either. Look at this chicken. Yeah, no way. – Oh, whoa – Okay. – The grill marks. Look, did he, did he put a mark on these?
These they look authentic but yet fake which means that they’re good. – Okay. – Smells good like the sauces made from years of hard work. – Not really getting any smells but I definitely like what they did with the aesthetics. Okay – Just a little sweet. Oh, it’s sweet and spicy.
– I don’t know what kind of sauce this is. Hold on, let me see. I don’t know what that is. – The ingredients that stand out in the chicken is the sauce. I don’t really taste a lot of seasoning on the actual meat. Whoever did the chicken relied on the sauce.
– Can you guys tell me what this is? – It’s watermelon. – Watermelon. I don’t taste watermelon – But now that you know. – I still don’t taste watermelon. – There’s some light pepper that I really taste in here. A nice balance. It’s a good piece of chicken right here.
– It’s not too shabby. Would I eat this at a tailgate? Somebody was presenting it to me. I would eat it. Yes. Would I go outta my way to say yeah I need this type of chicken? No, I would’nt. – If I’m gonna rate this chicken
On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give it a 7 – 5.5. I wanted to add a little extra grace. I ain’t wanna just hit it with a 5. With a 5.5, you know, almost a six. – The fraternity who I what I think made this chicken
Because he’s relying on the sauce and not necessarily seasoning the actual chicken. I’m gonna go with a [Unintelligible] because I think that they rely on outside things and not inside things. – I think it was a Kappa that made this chicken because of the aesthetics.
It’s red. I would assume that the Kappa made it. – What makes Kappa Alpha Psi chicken the best is we take, you know, pride in appearance because you’ll get a Q dog and he’ll just throw it on there. No, no pizazz, no sauce on the side. You get a Sigma.
It’s just kind of regular and the Alpha is just like an intellectual piece of chicken and that’s never delicious. What I do is I marinate it in wet garlic, and then I mix some Lowry’s Seasoning Salt some garlic pepper, some onions, some pepper and salt. I will win because my chicken
Is just better than everyone else’s. I know from pledging Kappa Alpha Psi we do everything better than everyone else and this chicken will not be anything different. – Okay, this looks like a regular piece chicken. – That was real kind of like vinegary, like somebody might have went
Too crazy with the apple cider. For real. – I think this is going to be a regular piece of grilled chicken. There’s no real aesthetics to it, there’s no herbs there’s no real sauce on it. – Everybody has their preference on the grill like I do wings.
But this like the fact that he did a a dye is nothing wrong with that. – It just taste like chicken flavor is not penetrating the chicken itself. I think whatever was done was only done to the exterior. – I would say the sauce is kind of tangy.
I don’t love tangy. It’s not dry, which is really good. – It’s dry. I didn’t want to say that. I ain’t wanna be that guy but it’s kind of dry. – I’m not gonna lie. I think the sauce kind of make the chicken. The chicken doesn’t really taste like super flavorful to me
– After what I just taste would I want to put this on my plate at a tailgate. No. Is there barbecue sauce on the side? Hot sauce? Is there a coutre mots that I can add to the chicken at the tailgate? No? Then no, I wouldn’t want this piece of chicken.
– I don’t love it but I like it. I’m gonna give it a seven. – It’s dry. I’m gonna give this a a five. That’s again being very much so lenient and nice. And then I feel like the last chicken that I assumed was a Kappa.
I wanna give that person maybe a 6.7. – Just by the way it’s plated. Looked kind of like, no offense to the Kappas it looked like a Kappa kind of made it. – I’m gonna give you guys credit and assume that this was not a Omega that made this one.
So I’m gonna say a Kappa made this and I’m gonna switch and say Q’s made the chicken wings. – My special ingredient in my chicken recipe is the blueberries I made a blueberry jerked barbecue sauce. This will be the winning dish cuz it’s full of love. – Wow, nice. They have the garnish, the lemon. This was plated very nice. They got some seasoning on top.
– I really like the way they plated this. I’m not gonna lie to you. Smells real robust. I like it. So I’m smelling, a lot, lot of lemon. I think this is oregano on top maybe. – I like the fact that they have a lemon. It’s a plate.
I’ve never seen that before. That is really dope. – The sauce looks very good, looks very rich. Like he stole this recipe from Harriet Tubman. I’m a little nervous that against mine right now. – Hopefully it tastes as good as look. It smells good too. It looks like it’s well seasoned.
– This flavorful all the way through. The finished salt and the lemon might be too much, but I like it. – This is a chef. This is absolutely a chef. – It’s a balance. It’s not really sweet, it’s not spicy it’s really just savory. – Seriously, this is ridiculous.
What I’m tasting right now with hate. I hate him. – There’s only one person I’m assuming would make this and I would say the, the Sigmas, you know, want to be the brothers. I would give this to eight. – I feel like Iotas made this right? Cause they would try so hard.
They need to do a lot because nobody likes him and nobody knows him. So he has to do extra stuff, just to be amazing. My jealousy gives them a 9.3. – I wanna thank God first and foremost. I would like to thank my mom and dad. We made it bros. How y’all doing? You already know what it was. – They had to be really good. Their chicken was, had to be fire. Their chicken was amazing for me.
I did lose. So my hat’s off to the winner, but I still won because, I definitely know I look better than him. And there you go.